Wednesday 11 June 2014

Appena un po' (Premiata Forneria Marconi, 1972)

Years ago, someone asked me the title of the track that, in my opinion, would perfectly represent Italian prog at his best. I couldn't reply then, but in time I found a good aswer: PFM's "Appena un po'" ("Just a little") taken from the album "Per un amico" ("For A Friend"). Why is this? Well, because you'll find here a catalogue of all the things Italian prog. Acoustic passages, Medieval or Renaissance touches, Mediterranean dances, a good deal of Mellotron, and then, of course, a lot of flutes and choral arrangements.

"Per un amico" was the second PFM's album.

Sure, if I put it here, it isn't just for this anthology side: this track features a gorgeous melody and so many good musical changes and moods. Acrtually, it's one of my favourite Premiata's songs and I do hope you'll enjoy it too. Oh, I forgot to say that the band also released an English version of "Appena un po'", titled "River of Life" - the opening track of "Photos of Ghosts" - featuring Pete Sinfield's lyrics. A good alternate listening...

No comments:

Post a Comment